Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Book Review: Leaving by Karen Kingsbury


Book Title: Leaving

Author:  Karen Kingsbury

Publish Date: March 22, 2011

 Why I Read this Book: I listened to the audiobook version of this book that I received from my local library.

 

 

 

 

 




Review


This book has not only entertained me, but it has also encouraged me.  It has taught me and encouraged me to rely on God and to trust in His promises.  It has taught me how to deal with change which is an important lesson in my life right now as I prepare to graduate from undergraduate school and go onto graduate school. 

Leaving is a third person narrative following three characters.  I loved all three perspectives. Leaving is relevant to my life right now because it is about a girl that is around my age (young 20s) and finding out what God has for her future.  Bailey is seeking for both financial assurance through a career and the guy that God has prepared for her.  It also follows Cody, Bailey's ex-boyfriend, and all that God has for him in a coaching career.  And finally, it follows a woman whose husband is suffering from a lung disease due to his time as a firefighter at the World Trade Center on 9/11.

I loved all of the characters and their stories.  I loved that it was full of drama, but seemed realistic enough to happen in real life.  I loved that it evoked emotions and left me wanting to cry.  I would recommend this to anyone wanting a great inspirational story about finding God's purpose in your life.

Final Statements


Recommended Reading Age: Any

Overall Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment