Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sweet Summer, Crazy for YA Books, and Library Books Readathons: Day 5 Wrap-up (Friday, June 13)

Reading Completed

Today I was able to read 609 pages.  I exceeded my goal of 300 pages.  Here is what I read:
  • Finished Rose (Bone # 0) by Jeff Smith (read 115 pages, total pages=136)
  • Started and DNF Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol (read 86/221 pages)
  • Continued Everfound by Neal Shusterman (read 59 pages, total 170/500)
  • Finished Beautiful Creatures: The Manga by Kami Garcia (manga, 238 pages)

Thoughts

I enjoyed Rose, but not as much as I enjoyed the first book in the Bone graphic novel series.  The ending was good, but the rest was a little slow.  It was nice learning more about Rose's past.  I gave this book a 3.5/5 stars.  Review will be coming soon.

I started Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol.  I enjoyed the interactions that Anya had with the ghost, but there were too many sexual references and foul language.  I DNF this book.

I liked  Beautiful Creatures: The Manga, but it was not my favorite graphic novel.  I gave this book a 3.5/5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment