Friday, May 16, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0: Day 4 (Thursday, May 15)

I have added one goal to my #boutofbooks goals.  I am hoping to listen to at least 30 minutes of The Scorch Trials audiobook everyday for the rest of the read-a-thon.

Reading Completed:

I read 216 pages today.  Today was a day that I could not just settle into a book.  Here is what I read:
  • I began an Audiobook of The Scorch Trials by James Dashner yesterday, but I did not get far at all (less than 3 minutes).  I continued the Audiobook today and finished part one and went onto a little of part 2 so that I could finish the 8th chapter (1 hr 15 min; Chapters 1-8; 11% complete)
  • Continued and Finished Thrive by Mark Hall (86%-end; 30 pages)
  • Started Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic (page 1-17; 17 pages) 
  • Started and DNF Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn (page 1-30; 30 pages)
  • Started and DNF Prom Anonymous by Blake Nelson (page 1-16; 16 pages)
  • Continued Deception by Stacy Clafin (38%-71%; 123 pages)
I am greatly enjoying The Scorch Trials.  I did not really enjoy The Maze Runner.   The pace was much too slow for me.  I might reread this in paperback form when I am finished with the Audiobook.
I finished Thrive by Mark Hall and it was AMAZING.  Review will be up soon.

I also started Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic.  This is the first book that I have read by him, but I have seen some of his sermons on TV.

I found out that we would be going to Goodwill tomorrow, so I decided to pick up a few books that I was not sure if I would like in order to deicde if I wanted to donate them or not.  First I picked up Deep and Dark and Dangerous.  I thought that this was a contemporary book, but I found out that it is actually a horror/ghost book.  I had not looked at Goodreads before I started reading the book.  I decided to DNF this book because I am not a huge fan of horror books.  The writing style was pretty good though.

I also picked up Prom Anonymous and also decided to DNF and donate this book due to inappropriate content. 

 I continued Deception and I am starting to not enjoy this book as much.  It is really starting to go down hill.  I will discuss this more after I finish the book and write a review.

Other Bout of Book News:

Today I did one Bout of Books challenge: Spell It Out Challenge

 I also participated in several informal reading sprints.

So Today I: 

  • Listened to 1 hr and 15 min of an audiobook
  • Continued and Finished 1 book
  • Started and plan to continue 1 book
  • Started and DNF 2 books
  • Continued 1 book
  • Read 216 pages
  • Participated in 1 challenge
  • Participated in informal reading sprints

1 comment:

  1. That's smart to DNF if something is not interesting you, especially in a readathon. I love Dashner's books, but never read the third one (yet!).

    ReplyDelete