Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0 Day 3 Challenge: This Made Me Think of That

Today's Bout of Books 10.0 challenge is entitled, "This Made Me Think of That".  Here is a blurb from the host of this challenge, The Overstuffed Shelves:

Just think about the book you are reading now, or one you've read before, and tell me something you think goes with it and why.
The something can be another book, a movie, a song, a ballet, a drink, a special food or meal...no need to get Proustian about it, but if madelines are involved, it's okay.
 I am going to relate the Unusual Awakening by S.M. Knowles to a few things.  I just finished this book yesterday for Bout of Books, so it is fresh on my mind.

This:

 made me think about:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2013/jun/18/sick-man-etiquette-short-term-illness  
and
http://annawrites.com/blog/2013/08/14/real-family-real-sacrifice-whats-that-about/
This book made me cry so many times because of the bad circumstances that Rylee was in.  It also made me think about the importance of my family because Rylee's family was very important to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment