Monday, July 15, 2013

Every Day Deserves a Chance

General Analysis


Author: Max Lucado

Publish Date: May 1, 2007

Genre: Christian Nonfiction

Overall Thoughts: This was an amazing book, although most of the messages were very similar to those that are in Come Thirsty. This book shows that every day can be a good day. It also shows how you can have hope and happiness when the situations that you currently are in are not very good.


In Depth Analysis

Writing Style:  I really enjoy Max Lucado's writing style.  He likes to use a lot of personal stories to introduce new topics and to make the topic more relatable and understandable to the reader.  He also uses a lot of scripture in his books to show where he gets his knowledge and also to show what God says about a particular subject.


Final Statements

Recommended Reading Age: I think that the writing style is more appealing to adults, but it is suitable for all ages.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Future Reviews and Reads

I am currently rereading Everlost by Neal Shusterman.  I read this book three or four years ago and I loved the book, as I do all the books that I have read by Neal Shusterman.  I intend to finish the series.  (I have not read the rest of the series.)

I am also still reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.  I am not too involved in this book; it is not of a genre that I usually read and I cannot get into that book.

I intend on reading The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare again.  I read it a few years ago and I would like to finish the series.

As for Christian Nonfiction, I intend to read Jesus Freaks by D.C. Talk soon.

As always,  I am up for recommendations for books of any genre.  Please leave those in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment